OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2008

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jim McCormac <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim McCormac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2008 22:52:44 -0400
Hi all,

Word comes from Alicia Elmer of a Yellow-crowned Night-Heron that has been
frequenting the shores of Norwalk Reservoir on the east side of Norwalk,
Huron County. Alicia first found the bird in late May, and just sent along a
nice photo of an adult that she took there last night. She typically sees it
along the shore at the south end of the lake. I appreciate her tracking down
someone to report this to, and for documenting the bird so carefully. She is
on the lookout for evidence of nesting.

I'll try and stick the photo up on my blog soon, and you can certainly read
about this record in the Summer issue of the Ohio Cardinal later this year.

Jim

Jim McCormac

Columbus, Ohio

Like nature? Visit my blog: http://jimmccormac.blogspot.com/