OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2018

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David McConnell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David McConnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2018 22:50:53 +0000
I used the same technique this afternoon in Wooster from 3-4:30 pm, focusing on a wind-sheltered sunny strip along McAfee Rd (192) just east of the Overton ponds. In addition to the expected birds, I was able to rustle up a Yellow-rumped Warbler and several towhees and also had a Barred Owl sitting at eye level by the side of the road. A flock of predominantly Rusty Blackbirds, numbering at least 100, was basking in the sun in the treetops and allowed excellent views with a scope.

Dave McConnell

Wooster, Ohio