OHIO-BIRDS Archives

May 2022

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 May 2022 20:18:10 -0400
94! I was weathered out at Fernald with those storms. I don't mind a
Little rain, but that was a deluge with lightning. I did some sky watching
And then headed home. I know I could have come closer to 100, but
Didn't really walk anywhere. Still missed Phoebe, sparrows?? Where did
They go?? Coopers Hawk, Red shouldered hawk. That’s why nests
Are needed on a big day. I'll work on that for my next Hamilton big day!
Mary had Blue winged Warbler and Kentucky. Two I missed. I worked
On that Kentucky! Would be a county bird. No Black and White. Another
Wimpy song that I can only here if close. 10 or 11 warblers. My list is in
The car awaiting the storm to pass. No migrant warblers. But Veery,
Swainsons thrushes, and a Hermit Thrush! That seems late.
Phila vireo! Least fly. So migrants around. No Dickcissel at Armleder….
Not singing in the afternoon. Or got flooded out with the floods. Which
We will probably get again!

The most troublesome species that I ended up seeing - probably the
Rock pigeon! I finally decided my best bet was to cross the Ohio and
Scan from the Chart house parking lot. Back into Ohio. Had some at
That boat ramp area. No gulls. I scanned the Ohio buildings for peregrine.
None.

First bird Robin. Singing at 5:00 am at my house. Last bird Blue winged
Teal. Armleder. Had gho calling at night. No barred or screech. Next time!

I will send my ebird trip report link Sunday. They are fun to look at! The map,
The birds. No pics today. I still am editing pics from my last trip!

Wood duck and a prairie warbler new at Shaker trace. Killdeer, Swan,
Meadowlark, osprey, fitz-bew - the Willow - all new at Armleder.

Good birding all. This was fun!

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini