OHIO-BIRDS Archives

May 2019

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Doug Overacker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Overacker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2019 11:27:58 -0400
The Swainson's Warbler was singing persistently this morning. It appears to
be on territory and may stay until it gives up finding a mate. Beside the
sticks making an X by the paved trail there is a small trail into the
bushes. You must go down this trail at least 20 feet to have a chance to see
the bird. It was perching up to maybe 15 feet this morning while singing. If
you remain quiet and watch you should have a good chance to see the bird if
you are there in the morning. I'm not sure it is singing so persistently in
the afternoon. There were five people there this morning and all saw it.
Sometimes you have to be just in the right spot to see it. It seemed to be
sitting on bare branches much of the time but because of the dense
honeysuckle it is hidden most of the time.

Doug Overacker