OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2023

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bruce Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2023 06:29:10 -0400
Visited area Sept 7-11 Had good activity each day At least 4 flocks per day One day 6 Warblers Two days 8 Warblers One day 14 Warblers and One day 15 Warblers

Warblers
MAWA
BLBW
YTWA
BBWA
PIWA
TEWA
AMRE
OVEN
BAWW
CSWA
CAWA
NOPA
BTNW
WIWA-one was a young male Singing
OCWA
NOWA
BLPW
MOWA- mature male
COYE
BTBW

Vireos
REVI
WAVI
PHVI
YTVI
BHVI

Flycatchers
EAWP
LEFL
ACFL

Thrushes
EABL
WOTH
SWTH
GCTH

Woodpeckers
PIWO
RHWO
HAWO
NOFL

Raptors
Osprey
RTHA
BAEA- 2 adults were chasing a third adult out of their territory-Very VOCAL

Swallows
BASW
TRES

Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Double-crested Cormorant
Wrens
Carolina
House
GB Heron
Scarlet Tanager
Spotted Sandpiper
G Catbird
B Thrasher
I Bunting
Caspian Tern
G Egret
Blue- gray Gnatcatcher
C Waxwing- hundreds- all over park
Rose-breasted Grosbeak- eat Hop Hornbeam seeds
E Towhee
C Sparrow
H Finch

Feeding Activity
Black Walnut-good place to find Cuckoos
Hickory
Virginia Creeper berries
Grapes
Honey Locust

Monarchs-daily

Magical Moment
  Spent 50 minutes in one spot There were so many Caterpillars, as the Fraz ( caterpillar poop) was falling in the Forest Canopy it sounded like rain when hitting leaves
 Birds were in a Feeding Frenzy After about 30 minutes I was following the birds as they moved on I then observed another flock entering the area WOW

Bruce Simpson-Nature Photographer

Sent from my iPhone