OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2018

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2018 20:12:21 -0400
Please join us as Eddie "OilCan" Boyd takes us on his journey hiking the
Appalachian, Pacific Crest and Continental Divide Trails. Since he graduated
from high school in 2015, Eddie has hiked over 8,000 miles and is part of a
very select group of fewer than 10 people who have ever completed all three
trails at his age in such a short amount of time. Boyd says "I love nature.
I'm energized by beautiful views and amazing sights. I just love being
outside, and living outside just gives me this sense of freedom and clarify
that I don't get while I'm at home".

You can  <https://www.facebook.com/eboyd97?ref=br_rs> follow "OilCan"on
Facebook and follow on Instagram by searching for oc_boyd.

7:00 - 7:15 pm: Bird quiz and social time with light refreshments. Come and
meet old friends.or make new ones.

7:15 - 7:30 pm: Conservation Spotlight: Dr. Chris Tonra, The Ohio State
University, will provide an update on his research on Prothonotary Warblers.
The Columbus Audubon Conservation Grant program has provided funding to
assist in these efforts, so join us to hear the latest news supported by
your Audubon chapter

7:30 - 9:00 pm: Main program, door prizes

This Columbus Audubon program is free and open to the public. Programs are
held at the Grange Insurance Audubon Center (505 West Whittier Street in the
Scioto-Audubon Metro Park on the Whittier Peninsula). 43215