OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2021 18:15:00 -0400
Slow! I wasn't expecting too much. After all the place was flooded very badly,
I assumed birds would have been moved with the flood waters. But they
didn't come back. Sparrows mainly I am thinking.

Jen Broome joined me for some of my survey here. I did manage some insects.
for the inat big year. Still not much blooming - and that could be the flood.
I don't know how long it takes stuff to bloom after being underwater for a week.
Blooms bring insects which will bring birds.

I intend to hit right after rain also. Maybe some shorebirds on newly flooded
fields. Lightly flooded fields...... But it is still march also. Maybe teal!
We will see.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini