OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2011

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Lindway Jim <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lindway Jim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Oct 2011 09:47:47 -0700
Birding Community,  I agree with Jim McCormac, who can deny the tenacity and perseverance of these 'immigrants'?  They are birds, no matter what we think of them, and their will to prosper is strong like many migrants we truly admire for long arduous journeys.  For us that live inside the 'concrete jungle', a house sparrow's activity can still lift a spirit in the dead of winter in places where no birds can be found, plus they do consume their fair share of insects and weed seeds.

Jim Lindway
Brecksville