OHIO-BIRDS Archives

April 2023

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2023 15:33:40 -0400
Rather chilly this morning & not a lot of birds. Only bird easy to find/hear were towhees, even WPs were quiet. The only FOS bird I had was a couple Ruby-crowned Kinglets. The first one at Clear Creek was singing—always a treat to hear. 2nd was at Wahkeena.

Only warbler was La Waterthrush at both CC & Wahkeena. A staff member at Wahkeena said she has had Pine Warbler & Blue-headed Vireo and heard a singing Yellow-rumped this morning but I had no luck on those.

At CC, I heard a Barred Owl calling from not too far away but I did not spot it. Lk Logan had a small group, 6-8, of Blue-winged Teal and one Osprey.

Clear Creek
Bluebird
La WT
Juncos