OHIO-BIRDS Archives

April 2019

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Peggy Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peggy Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 2019 16:58:03 -0400
Clear Creek MP:
FOS Com YT, Pine & Hooded Warblers, Wood Thrush, White-eyed Vireo

Other warblers:
LA WT
Black-thr Green
N Parula
Ovenbird
Yellow-throated

Also heard RB Nuthatch, Field Sparrows

Wahkeena NR
FOS Solitary SP, Hermit Thrush

Warblers:
BT Green
LA WT
B&W

Pick Ponds
FOS Purple Martins, Barn Swallows, Sora (h)

I was hoping to find the Barn Owl reported on ebird on the Yellowlegs Trail but no luck. Not entirely sure where it’s been seen despite the ebird maps. Nonetheless, it was a pleasant walk yielding great views of the Bald Eagle nest that per a photographer there, has 2 eaglets. I saw one fuzzy head above the nest when both eagles were at the nest.

The biggest thrill was seeing what I believe was a mink! V dark brown, almost black (no white seen), long tail and it had a chipmunk or a baby red squirrel in its mouth! V cool. It was quite close as it wanted to cross the trail right by me but once it saw me, it detoured thru the thick grass then crossed a bit farther up. The Sora sounded off when the mink disappeared along the stream bank.
Sent from my iPhone