OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 2021 18:26:50 -0500
I hit here in the afternoon. Rowe woods first. Clermont.
I always enjoy their walks and that area! Feeders were hopping.
Did I see the Purple Finch?? No.... out of position.

Sat with a friend next at her house. Do you think the Red breasted
Nuthatch would appear for me?? No...... but we had a nice visit for a
couple hours!

Thankfully Cowan was loaded with waterfowl. I like numbers!
No Long tailed Duck here. That one is still around East Fork.
Its moving around the whole area though. Of course.....!

Depending on the weather, I'll try Hueston woods for
the Eurasian Wigeon Sunday. Of course from Butler county!
I had 86 American Wigeon at Cowan Lake. I was scanning
for Eurasian! Some other highlights here

121 Pintail
12 Canvasback
6 Greater Scaup - I finally had Scaup close enough to scan well.
They are new for the big year.
148 Ring-necked Ducks
20 Redhead - they are all at East Fork!

good birding all! Spring is coming!