OHIO-BIRDS Archives

April 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2021 17:50:30 -0400
Pecs, and more pecs! And I expect more when we get some south winds
again....theres a low pressure system parked over the Northeast. Our
NW winds are the backside of that low. For now. Although this poor
wind situation gives me more time to track down a Purple Finch. Hopefully
they don't move on for awhile!

135 Pectoral Sandpipers - nice!
Killdeer. And that was it shorebird wise. Still looks very good for shorebirds.
Jen and I walked the field area. Lots of stuff in the back not viewable from
the parking lot. Still numbers of BW Teal around. And some GW Teal.
Since this is my first spring here, not sure what the last dates will be!
Although looks like good habitat around the SW Ohio area for breeding BW Teal.

My internet is down. Line was cut accidentally by a construction person.
Things happen! I didn't realize that as I sat at my computer answering
emails. They are lost in the ether now..... I deleted them from my outbox.
Why are emails there? I sent them.... I hate computers.....

Anyway, thanks for all the responses to my Bobwhite query.
It was mentioned to me way back at the start of this big year that Highland
was a good county! I needed to experience it to etch it in my mind.
I am up to 129 in answer to another email. For my SW Ohio big year.
I keep an excel chart. I believe ebird central will eventually have a way to
get a region total. They keep coming up with new ways to explore your
data every year!
And another question - I am still iffy on 250. It's only a number. But a nice
round number that would be nice! I don't chase too much. I like to find my
own birds hitting proper habitat. But every now and then, chasing is needed.

Nature notes - its cold again. Still had some insects around. Hopefully
south winds and a warm up for next week!

Spectrum comes friday to fix the cable. So no Mercer County..... Maybe
Monday!

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini