OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2020

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Linda Woolard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Woolard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 15:11:17 -0400
Late postings:
March 11 FOY male towhee in yard and 5 eagles in 2 trees on Maple Bay-1 or 2 mature
March 22 FOY phoebe across the street
March 25 FOY mockingbird across the street
March 26 From bench on Maple Bay I watched immature eagle in tree. Another flew in and landed on tree and first flew lower on tree. Eight cormorants (FOY) landed to fish and swim and seemed to push 6 hooded mergansers to the east to take their spot and dry out. (The cormorants were there again today and no mergansers.) I heard ospreys (FOY) before seeing 3 fly in from the east. The eagles flew towards the ospreys and ospreys turned and flew off. The eagles flew west. The ospreys returned And circled several times before one eagle flew back and towards ospreys that again left to the east and did not return. Eagle flew west and did not return. But today eagles were in same dead tree.
Sent from my iPhone