OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2018

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cheryl Harner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl Harner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2018 08:23:42 -0400
Hello All,
What is your favorite fall birding trail in Ohio? What factors contribute to your decision?  Handicap accessibility?  Sound scape?  Natural beauty? Or the proximity to an ATV store?
Seriously, Ohio Dept of Natural Resources is taking a survey of all Ohio trails.  Considering the hundreds of thousands of birders who have walked the trail at Magee Marsh, we know something of trails. Certainly birders would like to express our opinions on trails as well.
But notice, you'll have to "write in" that you like to bird watch from Ohio trails.  Apparently, they forgot.
So let's help out the state.  This survey will LIKELY be used to determine future project funding.
Let's remind them what makes a trail "good" for birding.
Go to:https://trails.ohiodnr.gov/survey/
Cheryl HarnerO.O.S. Conservation Chair
PS. To keep this post legit, my favorite fall birding trail is at the Covered Bridge at Mohican State Park.