OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2021 17:34:41 -0400
I was able to see and hear the Sedge Wren at Wood Duck ponds at Pickerington Ponds from the elevated viewing platform. The Snowy Egret was perched and preening from the Blind area. Several Great Egrets and a couple Great Blue Herons.

Wood ducks
mallards
Mute swans
Indigo Bunting
Field Sparrow
House Wren
Purple Martins
E Peewee
Osprey on platform

After pick ponds, I headed S to Chillicothe to the church parking lot in hopes of seeing the MS Kites. I had great looks a couple years ago, much better than two brief looks today. I saw two quick flybys by a single bird not far above the tree line but better than not seeing them at all. I could not spot the nest. Does anyone know whether or not the nesting was successful?

I had an adult Red-tailed swoop at my backyard feeders a couple days ago. Not sure if it got anything. I initially assumed it was the local Red-shouldered but when it flared its tail, it was clearly a Red-tailed. Did not know they would go after feeder birds. Maybe one of the squirrels underneath?

Peggy Wang
Granville

Sent from my iPhone