OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 2021 16:29:17 -0500
Although a flock of 5 Yellow rumped Warblers was nice. Not an every trip
species for me this winter.

And 13 Cardinals. In one flock! Neat! Colorful.

2 Brown Creepers. And I think I managed a pic of one for the inat big year.

I was mainly in the weedy area and floodplain east of the picnic pavilion.

Nature notes - I was turning over small tree limbs looking for things.
Snails!

Does the sun ever show in winter here?

If I get time thursday, I will try Fernald - Hamilton county - for the Rough legged
again.

And friday is still all day free! Fingers crossed!

And my new SW Ohio big year goal is a more realistic 260. I was thinking
280 as I was told 270 was hit just for Hamilton. Except remember I won't
be concentrating on this big year all the time! But who knows! I know
the Hamilton birder. He was probably out every day in the county! And he's
a super birder! Thats a great number!

For example, a big year I did in Cumberland, NJ - on the bayshore there!
Lots of different habitats - 255? Something like that. A friend had 260 the
previous year.

Theres probably a way for ebird to let me know my SW ohio totals. I'll
experiment with the patch list or something. But I keep excel charts.
So I am using that right now.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini