OHIO-BIRDS Archives

April 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2021 19:51:42 -0400
Cincinnati. I stopped yard work, tracked it down, started the ebird list,
and not rare! Gee, this is fun. First that House Wren, now this. I love
dates, monthly birding, lingering species..... this does seem early though.
2 weeks earlier than my normal foy in nj. But theres been March birds
around here and there. I never managed one for March in Nj.

Armleder this late afternoon. My inat big year. Nothing unusual, but trying
to document the birds and everything else. Saw Rough winged Swallows
in holes along the bank of Duck Creek. I hope no more floods! They will
be in trouble. Yellow-rumped Warblers singing. Robins everywhere.
Chipping Sparrows singing.

And butterflies! The mud area along Duck Creek proved good for species
puddling - butterflies get nutrients from the mud. Or just liquids. I never
did understand that.

Camera notes - my trusty Sony is broken. They don't seem to last me more
than three years. I will probably get the same one again. The mirrorless
cameras are still pricey. I like my Sony - its small, it can take great shots!
I am the one who can't get good shots! So many settings. The Sony has
advanced tracking even. Someday I will figure it all out. The viewfinder
went?! I tried using the screen and getting focused and all. It didn't work.
Lets see what I managed from this afternoon! I have the Sony hx 400v.
Any thoughts on other camera options are appreciated. Please email
me privately. I will probably head to Best Buy Tues.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini