OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2021 18:20:52 -0500
Yea! Stuff is moving! I could still use Trumpeter for my big year!
No scoters. That I could see. Stuff was far. And no Cranes flying.

238. With the holidays and my latest vacation soon, that might
be it til Dec.

The Harveysburg rd. hotspot here was the best for Swan viewing.
Still took what seemed forever to me to get a front on bill look!
And now I know NW winds and there means you look straight
into the NW winds. Joy....

redhead, gadwall, Ruddys, bufflehead. And duck sp.
I haven't been passerine birding lately. Concentrating on waterfowl.

Although I love the marina area at Caesar creek for passerines.
A very quick look there this afternoon had the usual winter birds.
I had to get home. And a quick look through the gulls didn't produce
anything unusual. Like Common Tern which I missed!

Good birding all. Maybe Alan will find us an Allens or Calliope with
his hummer banding!  It's a great year for Rufous in Delaware as
here. And an Allens. A friend hit both today - Delaware birds for
her.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini