OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2021 18:32:56 -0500
Decided to chase an Ohio bird today. Success! I chose here
because close and Andrew said almost a given with the grain silo
right there. I had three. I have been stopping at spots coming home
from northern Ohio when I am up there. Nothing. I actually didn't
realize they were this reliable down south. Then I checked ebird and
noticed the reports in Port William - Clinton county - which is my
big year area. Green is not. When I do this again, Preeble and
Green get included..... Anyway cruised around that area.
No Collared Doves. Now that I know they can be had for my big year,
I'll be sure to hit this area again in a couple weeks maybe.
Andrew was correct - Stewart is the most reliabe!

I had wanted to hit Rocky Fork - Highland. But it mapped out at 1 hour 5 minutes.
From Clinton! I do have to hit there with a full day. Like Brown and Adams.

Caeser Creek - Warren and Clinton - dead. 8 RB Mergs was nice.
i stopped at Lake Barber on my way home. Still loaded with waterfowl!
I like that place. It was a little different variety from when I was there
last.

Hueston Woods and Acton Lake are still loaded I here. I am assuming these
northerly winds are keeping stuff put. We will see when the winds shift
southerly!

I am seeing all kinds of reports for Red breasted Nuthatch in my area - Cin.
Ahhhhhhh! That bird hates me! Even Jen - the friends feeders I have been
watching - and missing - texted me it was there again..................
That is my big miss for the past two months.

Good birding all! I will hit Armleder again sunday afternoon. Maybe something
else new! This could work!

Oh, Andrew and I went field shorebirding yesterday. Nice! Shorebirds are
coming back! We had Pectoral Sandpiper. Ellis Lake. We missed Snipe.
Would have required some wet muddy walking and neither of us was
prepared for that.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini