OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2022

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Oct 2022 18:05:29 -0400
Donald finds yet another good bird there! He knows the spot. And spends
Time there! County bird for me! Thanks Donald! That “destroyed” so to
Speak my finely planned Saturday…. It’s ok! I did a little in Clinton and Warren
Afterwards. Not everything I had planned. The dance pavilion spot at Cowan
Lake seems to be the passerine spot there. Picked up RB Nuthatch for the
County. Missed in Clermont and Warren though…. a troublesome bird…..
Mound rd. was quiet. But time of day……. I thought at least some sparrows.
No. I didn’t have much time left, wanted to try for Franklins gull in Warren.
Oh, Cowan lake was almost devoid of gulls. That surprised me! Anyway,
Hit the marina at Caesar Creek. Warren county. Gulls! Yea! RB and Herring -
I willed them onwards to Hamilton. No Franklins. Which isn’t rare down here.
Maybe next year for Warren and Clinton!

Was thinking about my Butler county big year next year. Can’t wait to get started!

Good birding all

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini