OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2018

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2018 14:11:04 -0500
Greetings, and Happy Thanksgiving!

I currently have 3-5 Pine Siskins visiting my Sunflower feeder here in La
Rue (Marion County).  They also have been hitting my Thistle feeder as
well, but mostly the sunflower.
I think they arrived last nite because I went out to fill the feeder last
night, and one of the Siskins didn't move from the feeder until I put my
hand on the tube. :-O  today they are more active.  hoping for Redpolls! :-D

Also have had Carolina Wrens, Goldfinches, Blue Jays, WB Nuthatches, and
Downy, Hairy, and Red-bellied Woodpeckers fightign the House Sparrows for
feeder time.

I'm keeping a lookout for Short-eared Owls at Big Island...I'm expecting
them sometime around Thanksgiving...or the week after.  As long as the
winds are calm, we should have some good showings...I never seem to see
them here when the winds are more than 5-10 mph.

Happy Birding, and God Bless!

Steve J.