OHIO-BIRDS Archives

April 2019

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bruce Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 28 Apr 2019 11:51:17 -0400539_us-ascii I've been away for a few days, so the fields have had little disturbance. I went out first thing in the morning to see if the potential nesting pair of kestrels were still around. Saw the male on a perch he favours in a clearing. As I was watching him, I heard a couple of grunting calls and turned to see an American Bittern, slowly flapping, slowly gaining altitude. Might have missed him if he hadn't called. The fields are almost ankle deep in water, and it must have thought it looked close enough to a marsh to take an [...][log in to unmask]
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2019 06:57:32 -0400
Warblers
   Black-and-white