OHIO-BIRDS Archives

May 2023

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2023 19:13:13 -0400
It was a beautiful morning to be out birding but the birding was quite slow altho I did have a later start than I’d hoped. It was worth the trip for great looks at 2 singing Nashville Warblers, FOY for me.

After that, warblers were all heard only with the exception of a La WT barreling by me chipping loudly. I missed the Magnolia & Blackburnian warblers other birders reported.

I spotted a thrush I initially thought was going to be my FOY Swainson’s but the eye pattern didn’t look right. When it turned to fly, I saw a rufous tail so pretty sure Hermit Thrush.

Warblers
Nashville FOY
Black-throated Green
B&W
La WT
N Parula
Blue-winged
Com YT

Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Red-breasted Nuthatch
WB Nuthatch
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
BG Gnatcatcher
Hermit Thrush
White-throated, Song & Chipping Sparrows
Wood Duck
Great Blue Heron
Red-shouldered Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk