OHIO-BIRDS Archives

April 2024

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2024 18:43:06 -0400
Back from vacation and catching up around the house.  I am interested in
Shorebird spots here. Yesterday I hit Gilmore - that NE section over the
Fence is very flooded. Good in the long run! Dry is not good at all. Lots
Of shorebirds there. At the far edge. Scope needed. Golden plover back.
Snipe, pecs, both yellowlegs. I couldn’t refind the phalaropes.

Today I hit Cleeves park in Hamilton county. Just Lesser Yellowlegs, but
Looks interesting for shorebirds. Although with all this rain again, it might get
Very flooded! Lost bridge is already flooded. I did have Tree, rough winged
And Foy Cliff swallows there though.

Caldwell nature preserve in Hamilton and I had first of spring Chippie.
My Foy was actually back in Jan! I enjoyed a quick walk around exploring
For wildflowers before the storm hit again. We are in a weird weather
Pattern.

Sat. Sunshine - hopefully! and I will be out in Shawnee Forest for my first
Butterfly trip of the season. I’ve had a lot already this early spring.
Including a red admiral a few weeks ago was it. Hopefully a good year
For them as Robert says!

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini