OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2022

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2022 19:54:18 -0400
And unsuccessful….. the only reason I went was because early afternoon - a
Timeframe I hadn’t tried yet. I don't think….. losing track here! Andrew texted me
While I was at church. He had it! After 16 tries I think he said! Wow! Maybe 6
For me…. Tries. I am amazed that the golden wingeds - there are 2 - are hanging
Around here for so long. Great feeding area before another migrant leg I presume.
Golden winged isn’t a rarity. Reports every year. Hopefully next spring for me!
Anywhere in Ohio would be fine!

I was moving nice and slow this early afternoon. Scanning everywhere. I did
Get a Wilson's - Clermont bird! But not much else. A lone YB Cuckoo was nice.

The downside of this was I was going to hit Lost Bridge for my shorebird survey.
If I don't get to Monday, I won't have a chance again til maybe Sat. afternoon.

Hardly any mosquitoes at Kelley. I had come with a can of off just in case. Not
Needed. Thankfully.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini