OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2011

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Oct 2011 12:58:20 -0700
I was at  Villa Angela/Wildwood State Parks in Cleveland Sat and today.  Saturday I was only there for an hour from 9 to 10 because I just couldn't find much.  Today I was there from 9:30 to 1pm.  With all this nice weather I was having trouble finding much except Yellow-rumps, Kinglets and Blackpolls today.  I did find a few more warblers accidentally today following other birds off path and staying deep in the woods where a few birds were high up.  Here is some of what I found today and most all was in Villa Angela:

Black-crowned Night-Herons 2 (seen 10/8 only west side of Euclid Creek seen north from bridge high up in tree only early in the early sun - then they disappeared)

Northern Flickers 5
Blue Jays many
BC Chickadees 5
Brown Creepers 5
Carolina Wren 1 calling from island in Wildwood
House Wrens 4
Golden-crowned Kinglets ~ 14, Ruby-crowned 2
Hermit Thrush 4

Warblers:
Blue-winged 1 (drat no picture)
Orange-crowned 1(was with kinglets near the path that leads into woods west of grassy knoll)
Northern Parula 1   (birch woods area)
Black-throated Blue 1m  (birch woods area)
Yellow-rumped ~ 14
Blackpoll 5
Wilson's 1

White-throated Sparrows 14-15
Song Sparrows 3

The Blue-winged was hidden in the woods and I only accidentally found it trying to walk deep in a thickety area behind where I had seen the Orange-crowned.  Couldn't relocate either but found two more warblers trying to them in the birch woods north of field near library.

Sims Park 10/8  form 12:40 to 1:40pm.  found some of same birds seen 10/7.
Bald Eagle 1 adult seen from lite at 250th @ Lakeshore flying in from the lake
Brown Creepers 2
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1
Northern Flickers 6