OHIO-BIRDS Archives

April 2020

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bob and Elaine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob and Elaine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 2020 14:11:01 -0400
Blendon Woods
Louisiana Waterthrushes   2 males, on Brookside trail and Ripple rock trail
yellow rumped warblers
winter wren
ruby crowned kinglets
golden crowned kinglets
Hermit thrushes
Blue gray gnatcatchers
yellow bellied sapsucker, immature
pileated woodpecker

Woodside Green
Black and white warblers (2 males, 1 female)
yellow rumped warblers
yellow throated warbler
both kinglet species
yellow bellied sapsucker, adult male
pileated woodpecker
red shouldered hawk, building a nest on trail to Nob Hill

Also, had a delightful young girl show me her bluebell wildflower.  After showing me the flower, she was quick
to point out that she had NOT picked the flower but had found it already picked, lying on the trail.
I was pleased the flower had a second chance to show off its beauty (third if you count my getting to see it).

Bob McNulty