OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2023

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2023 11:35:06 -0400
Still quiet but I found a few birds. Hoping the weekend cold front will bring some migrants in.

Watched a Yellow-bellied FC chase off a Blue-headed Vireo that was eating a green caterpillar. The towhee convention seems to have adjourned—noticeably fewer now and ditto for catbirds. The presumed resident Com YTs appear to have moved on—I’ve not heard or seen them for a couple days after hearing them singing most visits.

Warblers
Bay-breasted
Tennessee
Blackburnian