OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bruce Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2021 06:26:12 -0400
I spent 6 of 7 days in this area last week

Young
Warblers
Kentucky
Blackburian- female
Prairie
Hooded- male and female
Pine
Blue-winged

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Acadian Flycatcher
Phoebe
White-eyed Vireo

Woodpeckers
Pileated
Flicker
Red-headed

Hawks
Red-tailed
Red- shouldered
Cooper’s
Broad-winged

Vireos-5

Birds Foraging
Warblers
Pine-female with young
Hooded-pair with young male and female
Cerulean-pair with young
Black-and-white—pair
Worm-eating—pair
Hooded-pair-with young male and female
American Redstart

Red-eyed Vireo
Bluebird-family

Whip-poor-will
Chuck-will-widow
Wood Thrush
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Yellow-breasted Chat
Cedar Waxwing
Barn Swallow
Yellow-billed Cuckoo
G B Heron
Turkey-2 females with 15 plots
Indigo Bunting
Bluebird
Wood Duck- female chasing Red-shouldered Hawk
Wilson Warbler
Brown Thrasher
Black Vulture
G C Flycatcher
Tanagers
 Scarlet
 Summer

As I was driving downs road before dawn-a Boar crossed in front of me

Bobcat- saw leaving creek

Chuck-will-widow—heard call note
 They are noted for catching insects on the wing-Can hear Bill snapping

Bruce Simpson-Nature Photography

Sent from my iPhone