OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2021 16:01:14 -0500
Was scanning for the Surf scoters from yesterday. No. But stuff moves around here
and seems to “hide”. I started at south beach. Scanned everywhere i could see.
Just Gadwall and Ruddy. Off hitting other vantange points. Nothing different.
But I see 2 Loons which I didn't have before. near south beach. And I am scanning
from the dam. Shoot. With Pacific around, I wanted a better look. They looked
like Common from the dam. I get back to south beach say 45 minutes after
my first visit - yes Common. And a flock of 38 GW Teal and a RN Duck were
with the Gadwall. Where did they come from??! An adult LBBG was in the middle
of the lake. Pied Billed Grebes around. And the usual Ring billed and Bonapartes
Gulls. No Little. I was scanning!

This was an afternoon visit. Errands this morning starting with the dentist.

Good birding all. Scan those loons well! Pacific would be nice.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini