OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2011

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 2011 21:15:34 -0400
Tuesday October 25 - CA Short Program - Mike Flynn will give a talk on
waterfowl, "Is it a Dabbler or a Diver?"

Kim Graham will have his photographs from the Metro Parks on display.  Kim
has special permission to be in the parks at special times and in special
places to document happenings for publications for Metro Parks.

John O'Meara will be our main speaker.  John is the Executive Director of
the Columbus and Franklin County Metro Parks. The work he has done in our
parks since he arrived in 1998 has been totally amazing.  His talk is titled
'Metro Parks: Build It and They Will Come'.  And wait till you see the door
prizes!!

Columbus Audubon, with over 3,000 members, is one of the largest local
Audubon chapters in the nation. Columbus Audubon offers a variety of
opportunities for members and other nature enthusiasts to learn about and
enjoy all wildlife with an emphasis on birds. We meet at the Grange
Insurance Audubon Center in the Scioto-Audubon Metro Park 505 West Whittier
Street, Columbus, OH 43215

Monthly Meetings Begin at 7 p.m.

Free monthly meetings include a short program followed by a main speaker.
There is also time to socialize with others with similar interests.

7:00 p.m. Short Program: 15-minute 'special topic' nature talk

7:15 p.m. Refreshments & Door Prizes

7:30 p.m. Main Speaker

2011 -12 Columbus Audubon Program Schedule

OCTOBER 25, 2011

Metro Parks: Build It and They Will Come

John O'Meara, Executive Director of Metro Parks

NOVEMBER 22, 2011

Birding the Ice Trucker Highway in Alaska

Dave Russell, Professor, Miami University

Jill Russell, Professor, College of Mt. St. Joseph

JANUARY 24, 2012

Climate Change: Truths and Myths

Lonnie Thompson, Geologist & Research Scientist, OSU Byrd Research Center

FEBRUARY 28, 2012

Stories of My Past, Present & Future

Richard Crossley, Birder, Photographer, Author of

The Crossley ID Guide: Eastern Birds

No short program this month.

MARCH 27, 2012

Last Migration: Sneak Preview of an Unwritten Book

Kenn Kaufman, World-Renowned Birder &

Author of Kaufman Field Guides

Join us at 6:00 p.m. for our annual potluck before the program. Bring a
covered dish and place setting.

APRIL 24, 2012

Wildflowers of North America

David Brandenburg,The Dawes Arboretum Botanist & Author of

The National Wildlife Federation Field Guide to Wildflowers of North America

MAY 22, 2012

Warblers and Late Migrants 101

Tom Sheley, Birder & Co-owner of Wild Birds Unlimited, Riverside Drive