OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2011

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Robert Royse <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Royse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Oct 2011 16:50:59 -0700
A made quick visit late this afternoon in the southern part of the Deer Creek wetlands at New Holland and saw one NELSON'S SPARROW, but couldn't find any LeConte's. That doesn't mean that there aren't any around. I only checked a small portion of a the huge area.

A first winter FRANKLIN'S GULL continues on the state park beach. It appaently only shows up there to roost at night since I haven't seen it there any time other than early morning or dusk. As I was leaving I counted a whopping 84 Greater Yellowlegs on the beach without a single Lesser in the mix. They took off to who knows where when someone let their 2 dogs run loose on the beach. The reservoir is still completely full without a square inch of mudflats to be found anywhere. I think this is as late in the year as I've seen it this full. The boaters and fishermen are probably happy about that, but I'm sure that the yellowlegs aren't too pleased.

Bob Royse

Robert Royse
www.roysephotos.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6566 (20111022) __________