OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2021 15:34:44 -0400
I hit the old highland stone gravel pits. Love that spot! The Bobwhites and
Meadowlarks are doing quite well there! Hopefully the surrounding farm fields
will have shorebirds in the fall. Soon! I kept scanning for Henslows. No
success! Unless it is perched up singing, I won't see. If its close enough, I can
still hear it. Nothing today.

I had searched ebird for May through July, for five years. The Fernald Henslows
are in a non public area. I want to make a full day out of the Highland
Nature Center area - plants and insects! Hopefully next week sometime for
there. Miami wetlands also had some. I will try that if only a half day for my
next henslows serach.

No rain down here. Yet.

I hit Indian Creek in brown county on my way home. Nothing unusual. I was
hoping for some marsh birds.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini