OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2021 22:31:28 -0400
I had to work yesterday so couldn’t get out to bird. The rain this morning at Blacklick lasted longer than I had hoped & the mosquitos were ferocious but I still saw my target bird which was Cape May Warbler since I had missed it in the spring. Some were feeding on the aphids as noted yesterday. It was interesting that there were at least six birds feeding in a loose flock without other warblers mixed in.

I was able to dig out a few more warblers:
Yellow-rumped, FOS
Black-throated Blue, female
BT Green
Ovenbird: 2 foraging near one another

Only vireo was Red-eyed

I did well with thrushes seeing Wood, Swainsons and Veeries. Lots of Robins incl a number of juveniles.

Chimney Swifts
Tree Swallows
Peewees heard
RT Hummingbird

Late afternoon I went to the bio Reserve. V quiet until I was leaving when I found a small mixed flock which doubled my warbler species for the day.

Magnolia
Redstart (a pair)
Com YT
Blackburnian