OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2017

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Tania Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tania Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2017 19:03:47 -0500
Hello everyone,
I have not forgotten about the birding community who is still interested in
the updates of our Calliope visitor.
He has fared well this entire week, even with us having our roof replaced
on our home. The commotion and noise of the workers for two days did not
seem to bother him in the least.
He continues to feed at all three feeders now and still seems to be
roosting at night in the Honeysuckle vine. There remains plenty of foliage
and the bugs are still abundant.
We will continue to update on our FB page and I will let you know of any
changes as time goes on.
I will be curious to see over the next week or so whether he stays or
decides to leave. I wonder, if the insect population continues to be
abundant, will this be a factor that influences his migratory trajectory?
Only time will tell.
Tania