OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2018

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Haans Petruschke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Haans Petruschke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2018 19:25:07 -0400
Hi,

On the I90 eastbound this afternoon on the west side of Cleveland.  Around
W 40th I spotted a big dark bird in the distance, and saw it rocking in the
wind.  First thought it was a Turkey Vulture, but then saw a flash of
white. Bald Eagles are pretty common along the lake shore and in the river
valleys of the Cleveland region, but this was a very very urban setting, no
where near the Cuyahoga, or Rocky River, and a mile or more from Lake Erie.

No Kreagles have been spotted since the 14th.  Amazing how they vacate to
their breeding grounds, which as yet remain unknown to science, with such
regularity.  All reports are the Buzzards returned to Hinckley on schedule
as well.

Haans