OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2021 20:29:15 -0400
Stuff is moving. Lost bridge had a number of shorebirds. besides killdeer.
Only exceedingly far..... Too far! No way I can try for western sandpiper. Or
Stilt Sandpiper. at those distances. A Godwit would work! The river water levels
were high. Most everything was at the quarry area.

Shawnee Lookout. Quiet. But Indian Creek - Brown County was quiet also
until I found that one good flock.

Lake Barber at dusk. A sky and lake watch. Robins moving! And the goose flock
is starting to increase in numbers. I need Ross's yet. No loon dropped onto
the lake.

I thought about the Prairie Falcon again, but timing was bad. Maybe next
week. It would be nice if that Harris's Sparrow hung around for awhile.
I am signed up for a Lake Erie birding boat 11/13. I will stay up along the
lakeshore area for a few days. Always fun up there!

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini