OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2023

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2023 19:56:56 -0500
Trying for year birds. No success today. Just one of those days…..
I can’t find a Horned Lark in Butler…..
The next snow - hopefully a couple inches - I am out exploring the fields
In Butler.

Caesar creek in Warren county had loads of gulls! I love gulls. No LBBG
Though. That is a good spot for them. I scanned the water from my gull spots.
No loons. That means nothing. The Pacific could still be around. Off the campground.

I had a lot of Gulls at Furfield - Butler. Yea! But only Ring billed and Herring. Grrrr….
I want LBBG for my Butler big year. They even took off and flew close. Gulls in
Flight can be easier than a mass perched. Still no LBBG. I'll keep trying. That
Spot is close to the Rumpke dump in Hamilton county. I presume the gulls were
Done feeding at the dump and heading up river for the evening. I still need Iceland
For Ohio. Some year. Slaty backed would be nice too! Some year…..I got to
Thinking about the rarest gull I have chased and seen in the aba area. Shrimpy?
That’s the Maryland kelp gull. Ross's gull? Churchill. Ivory gull? NJ. It’s all relative.

I was passerine birding also. Very quiet. Not even a wren today…..

I am off traveling soon. Looking forward to the bird differences here when I return.
I am missing sooooo much.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini