OHIO-BIRDS Archives

May 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2021 16:42:44 -0400
I didn’t have a ton of birds at clear creek today but good variety, 15 warblers (a yellow at Lk Logan made it 16 for trip). I got several first of year sightings including good views of a Blackburnian warbler and close-up views of cerulean warblers which I found in several places. The warbler du jour was American Redstart—Easily the most prevalent (& easiest to see) warbler. I saw a female collecting some nesting material.

Was delighted to pick up my FOY Kentucky warbler. After hearing them and a few fleeting glimpses, a male perched up in the sun, singing—a real treat. N Parulas showed well also.

I made short trips to Lk Logan & Wahkeena but afternoon doldrums were settling in and I only added a few species.

FOY
Warblers:
Cerulean
Kentucky
Worm-eating
Blackburnian
Hooded
Ovenbird
Blue-winged
Am Redstart
Yellow (Lk Logan)

Other warblers:
B&W
N Parula
Tennessee
BT Green
Yellow-rumped
Com YT
LA Waterthrush

FOY
Swainson’s Thrush
Yellow-throated Vireo
Purple Finch

I saw only one Scarlet Tanager, a male glowing in the sun. A few Baltimore Orioles. Catbirds, BG Gnats, Tree, Barn & RW Swallows, WE Vireo. Rose-breasted Grosbeaks & Wood Thrushes. Belted KF (Lk Logan). A couple Black Vultures but more TVs. Oddly, no raptors.

Gorgeous day to be out.

Peggy Wang
Granville

Sent from my iPhone