OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2021 16:40:31 -0400
Hit Keller Rd. Walked it. Then had the Mississippi Kite back at the church.
Walked a little again - and had a kite hunting overhead! A few houses
down. Probably the same bird. Or not! They do nest here. I never had a Kite
perched, but that second look was better for me. To watch it for a couple minutes
hunting!

This was very late morning time frame.

What a treat to have Kites nesting in Ohio! I would think that nesting will
be over soon, so those wanting to see should head up soon.

I had this planned to take a couple friends, but other commitments came up
for them. I decided to go anyway! Glad I did!

This isn't part of my SW Ohio big year unfortunately. I keep looking up
for one here.

I hit Caeser Creek on my way home. Hoping for terns... nuttin.
But the beautiful meadow at the marina quickly drew my attention. First
time this year over 10 butterfly species. I think. I lose track... I only had
maybe 30 minutes. I need to get back there. Those Azures are Summer now.
Date thing.

Good birding all. Friday will be somewhere back here for the big year.
Least Bittern is getting worrisome.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini