OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2018

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Melanie Shuter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melanie Shuter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2018 23:19:17 -0400
The loons and grebes are coming through with large numbers of mostly Tree
Swallows and my First of Year Purple Martin.  Seen on Deer Creek reservoir
(modest estimates):

11 Common Loons
23 Horned Grebes
1 Red-necked Grebe
220 Red-breasted Mergansers
25 Common Mergansers
70 Double-crested Cormorants
200 Bonaparte's Gulls
100 Scaup sp.
180 Ruddy Ducks

Smaller numbers of Ring-billed Gulls, Mallards, Am. Wigeons, Buffleheads,
Gadwalls, Ring-necked Ducks, Pied-billed Grebes were seen.  One Osprey was
seen.

The pond on Dick Road had a large variety of ducks with Northern Shovelers,
Redheads, Am. Coots and Wood Ducks in addition to many of the ducks seen on
the reservoir.  Dick Road also had Am. Kestrel, Red-tailed Hawk and two
Northern Harriers.  Two Yellowleg sp. were on a sky pond on Mouser Road.

Melanie Shuter and Marcia Brehmer
Circleville, OH

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>