OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2011

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sean Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Oct 2011 22:06:14 -0400
Hello all,

I visited Ohio Wesleyan this weekend for a few events, and I just had to
stop by Snipe Marsh to check for Nelson's Sparrows. There were at least four
here last year so I was hopeful.

Despite the wind and rain, I was able to catch a brief glimpse of one
NELSON'S SPARROW in the marsh. I noted the relatively large head, short
tail, gray cheek against a yellow face, black eyeline, fairly dull streaks
against yellow breast and flanks, and a white belly. Maybe Ben Warner will
get some beautiful pictures again. A MARSH WREN also responded to some
pishing.

Interestingly, I had a PINE WARBLER in a small group of small pines near the
campus center on Friday, September 30. This was only the second time I had
seen one of these in the fall on campus!

Good birding,

Sean

---
Sean Williams, PhD Candidate '16