OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2018

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2018 15:38:57 -0500
That area around Jaite trailhead is right along the border between Cuyahoga
and Summit Counties, so the boundaries are a little confusing if you're
trying to make a county list. Anyone not interested in county listing can
just ignore this. :)

For the most part, anything west of the river is Cuyahoga County. You have
to walk at least 3/4 of a mile south from Jaite down the railroad tracks
before you enter Summit County.  North from Jaite along the tracks, there
is a small "blob" of Summit County that extends west of the river, almost
all the way to Riverview Rd. It starts about 250 yards north of Jaite, and
extends for only about 190 yards, before you once again enter Cuyahoga
County heading north. This may have been an old bend in the river that
existed when the county lines were drawn.

In this map, the area in yellow is part of Summit County, specifically
Sagamore Hills. The "blob" west of the tracks is actually owned by
Cleveland Metroparks.

Map link:
http://drive.google.com/file/d/1S9BnMsjJgKYzJ6INO0TB1ZBzQh6-cCm8/view?usp=sharing

Brian Tinker