OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2023

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bruce Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2023 06:23:17 -0400
I spent from May 21 through May 29th in this area ( except May 25 )
 I had 19 Breeding Warblers and 10 Migrant Warblers though no Migrating Warblers after May 24th
 At the beginning of the trip there was a lot of activity. This decreased by May 24 I assumed many birds were on nest
  By May 29th the activity had increased
  I found some young They were BGGN, REVI, INBU-female, and male and female HOWA

Vireos
  REVI
  WEVI
  BHVI
  YTVI
  PHVI- migrant

Woodpeckers
 Red- headed
Pileated
Flicker
Hairy

Hawks
Red-tailed
Red-shouldered
Sharpie

Tanagers
Scarlet
Summer

Owls
Great Horned
Barred

Cuckoos
Yellow-billed
Black-billed

Flycatchers
Olive-sided
Phoebe
E Wood Peewee
Acadian
Great Crested

Turkey- female
G B Heron
Cedar Waxwing
Baltimore Oriole
Yellow- breasted Chat
Wood Thrush
Indigo Bunting
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
E Kingbird
Whip-poor-will
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Barn Swallow
Chimney Swift
Mockingbird
Blue Grosbeak
Swainson’s Thrush

Infirmary Rd
E Meadowlark
Grasshopper Sparrow
Purple Martin
Willow Flycatcher
E Kingbird
Bobolink

Highlights
COYE-eating caterpillar
BAOR-pair-defending nest when a RSHA landed near their nest
REVI- fluttering wings to get attention of mate
AMRE- eat caterpillar then fly
HOWA- Two male looking birds foraging together-I assume one bird was an older female
YBCH-flying with tail down- assume to get attention of female
RSHA- pair-circling-mating behavior

Nature Photographer-Bruce Simpson
Sent from my iPhone