OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2017

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
H Thomas Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
H Thomas Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2017 08:19:28 -0500
Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge - Ottawa/Lucus counties

The Ottawa NWR count will be on Sunday, December 31.  Normally this
coincides with the monthly count but this year (and next year) it falls
outside the Audubon count period so it will be on Sunday, December 31.  If
you are interested in helping out, contact me or meet at the Trail Head
parking lot (back by the shop area) at 7:45 AM on Sunday, December 31.  We
have 6 areas to cover that day.  In the AM we will have several groups
walking the refuge and other groups driving areas outside the refuge.  All
will meet back at noon at Blackberry Corners restaurant on SR 579 for
lunch, to go over count list, and see what areas still need coverage.  The
refuge Visitor Center will be closed at noon on the 31st.

Gypsum Count - Ottawa/Erie/Sandusky counties (Pt. Clinton area)

The Gypsum count will be January 1, 2018 and is a great count to start your
January 100 list!  We normal have between 75 and 85 species on the count.
If you are interested in helping out, contact me or meet at Big Booper's
restaurant on SR 163 east of Pt. Clinton at 7:00 AM.  There will be 8
groups and all could use help.  We will meet back there around noon for
lunch, to go over count list, and see what areas still need coverage.

Tom

--
H. Thomas Bartlett
Tiffin, Ohio