OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2020

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 2020 18:09:41 -0500
Yea! I finally get one for Hamilton county! This is my home county...!

I was birding locally this warm afternoon. Started at Lake Barber.
Walked around the lake this time. Last time I was here the weather was bad
and I turned around. Place looks good for waterfowl. When cold again.
Highlights were a Ruby crowned Kinglet and a Winter Wren.

Next stop I picked from the ebird explore hotspots tab. I picked out one
that was close by and didn't have many lists. Jim terrel park. I like this spot!
A good sized weedy, brushy, not neat paths to walk. And bushwack through.
Its a floodplain I believe. Left nice and messy. Good for wildlife. I hope to be
back, but will hit Armleder mainly next year. For my inat big year. And of
course theres my SW Ohio big year. Lots to look forward to! 20 more days!
Highlights here - Pine Siskin, yea! 4 winter wrens here.

For those wanting to bird here, I could only find the entrance with Maps.
The hotspot doesn't take you to the parking area.

Nature notes - I thought I would see a butterfly this warm afternoon! No.
Not enough sun I presume.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini