OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2022

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2022 20:23:13 -0400
And a July Bufflehead! I hit Fernald first. For the Bufflehead. It has cooperated
Better than that summering Canvasback last summer……. Weapons pond.
I scanned the lodge pond well for the Pintail. No success. It’s probably
On one of the other ponds there. Give me a few years - getting my monthly
Chart up to speed - and I would have chased the Redhead around Columbus!
That’s a good July bird!

Did my shorebird survey at Lost bridge next. 1 Least Sandpiper….. where did
They go! 1 Spotted. 9 Killdeer.  And 1 SB Dow. Thanks to a fellow birder! I would
Like to think it just came in…… but I have a feeling I missed it….. it was far! We are
Hoping that very far area dries up and pushes the birds toward the road.
2 Caspian Terns, 33 Great Blue Herons! 14 Great Egrets. Numbers are
Building here. Most stuff was in the quarry area. Not the river. 5 immature Eagles.
Etc.

Had a Yellow throated Warbler singing! at Fernald - lodge pond. In the heat of
The afternoon.  Nice.

Botany notes - Compass plants at Fernald. Nice!

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini