OHIO-BIRDS Archives

May 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2021 21:02:17 -0400
Before leaving for the magee area for a couple days, I did a quick walk around the reserve. I was hoping for a Mourning Warbler after Bob McNulty posted he had one at woodside green yesterday afternoon. I don’t have one for the reserve.

Just as I was leaving, I heard one calling from one of the areas I thought might be good. It was buried in a thick bush so I couldn’t see anything except some branches twitching. Just as I thought I might get a glimpse, a catbird roared in and perched, scolding right above the bush. That was the last of the singing. I heard a few more distant alarm notes and had to call it quits. But at least I heard it!

Saw & heard the Prairie warbler male again. It seems to have settled into a territory so I’m wishing it successful breeding.

Yellow
Tennessee H
Nashville H
blue-winged H
Chat H

Most exciting bird up north was a Piping Plover at Howard marsh. Also had 3 White Pelicans, about 8 Black-bellied Plovers flew by, Semi-palmated SP with Least SP. Semi-palmated Plovers as well.

As I was returning from the piping plover, I heard a familiar “song”—YH Blackbird close.

Peggy Wang
Granville

Sent from my iPhone