OHIOAIR Archives

May 2005

OHIOAIR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Terrass, Stuart" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Association for Institutional Research (Ohio AIR)
Date:
Thu, 19 May 2005 20:35:39 -0400
Susan,

Although yearly comparisons may be more acceptable to your audience,  I believe that with care you can reasonably compare individual quarter loads to individual semester loads.  If the faculty member at either school is on an academic year contract as a full-time employee, she/he must in general complete a third of their yearly load under a quarter system or half of their yearly load under a semester system.  If the single quarter load is 12 then it would be the same as a load of 12 in a semester system.

Perhaps I have been too long gone from IR to think straight, but it seems to me that the issues of comparing faculty load is not much different than comparing credit hour production or consumption under the two systems.

By the way, when did the name change back from OAIRP?

Stu