OHIOAIR Archives

December 1998

OHIOAIR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Ohio Association for Institutional Research (Ohio AIR)
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 18:35:51 -0800
R&R R&R R&R R&R R&R R&R R&R R&R

RESEARCH AND REFLECTION:
A Journal of Leadership
and Organizations
http://www.gonzaga.edu/rr/

ISSN 1078-6406
November, 1998
Volume 4, Number 1

R&R R&R R&R R&R R&R R&R R&R R&R
Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA  99258.
We are proud to announce Volume 4, Number 1, the new edition of
_Research & Reflection:  A Journal of  Leadership and Organizations_,
available at http://www.gonzaga.edu/rr/ .  Please note that _R&R_ has
acquired a new name, a new look, and a new vision.  Our change in name
reflects that, while we have retained our original interest in
educational leadership and praxis, we have expanded our focus to include

a very broad range of topics that affect the practice of leadership and
the life of organizations in general.

_Research and Reflection: A Journal of Leadership and Organizations_ is
peer-reviewed
publication with two main interests:

1.reports of research with applicability to the practice of leadership
and
organizations and
2.reflective essays on the processes of leadership and organizations.

The journal will also include book reviews, research abstracts, and
editorial comments. Our commitment is to publish high-quality articles
written in clear language and accessible to a broad range of
organizations
and individuals.

The journal will
*promote scholarship and professional competence for expanded leadership

roles;
*energize and focus critical thinking about leadership and
organizations;
*engage readers in a language which is accessible without being
simpleminded;
*create a forum in which everyone involved with leadership and
organizations
 can recognize and share the stories through which they make sense of
their
 work; and
*explore the relevance to leadership of the Jesuit traditions of the
promotion of justice and the reconciliation of people with one another.

The primary focus of the journal is to make available:

Research articles which
1.exhibit accepted standards of rigorous inquiry;
2.say something important and say it clearly; and
3.place the findings in context by exploring implications of the study.

Reflection articles which
1.engage the reader in the complexities of life within organizations and

2.speak from and to the heart and mind.

_Research and Reflection_ is electronically published and available free
of
charge through the Internet.

If you are interest in submitting an article to be considered for
publication,
or if you would like to serve as a reviewer, please contact us at the
address
below.

Sincerely,
Nancy M. Ruppel
Managing Editor

R&R&R&R&R&R&R&R&R&R&R&R&R&R&R&R&R&R&R&R&R&RR&R&R&R